Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has disassociated himself from campaign posters advertising his vice presidential ambition for 2023.
Recall that posters of Governor El-Rufai as running mate to Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi had emerged last week.
2. The Judicial Panel of Inquiry set up by the Lagos State Government to probe the Lekki toll gate shootings and complaints of human rights abuses against members of the disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS), on Friday began the review of the CCTV footage submitted by the Lekki Concession Company (LCC), operators of the Lekki toll gate.
The retired Justice Doris Okuwobi-led panel began viewing the footage around 11:30am on Friday.
3. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Tanko Muhammad, has sworn in eight new Justices of the Supreme Court.
The newly inaugurated Justices of the apex court include; Justice Lawal Garba, Helen Ogunwumiju, Abdu Aboki, M. M. Saulawa, Justice Adamu Jauro, Samuel Oseji, Tijani Abubakar, and Emmanuel Agim.
4. The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has again extended registration for its 2020 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination for private candidates.
According to the examination body, the new deadline is Friday, November 13, 2020.
5. The police on Friday teargassed some End SARS protesters at the gate of the National Assembly, NASS.
The demonstrators gathered in front of NASS complex to paint End SARS graffiti on the floor to remind the Nigerian Government of their demands.
6. Nigerian Musician, David Adedeji Adeleke, better known as Davido has burst out with excitement as he finally gets a new Instagram name after begging someone for it for like 10yrs.
Davido with excitement posted on his Twitter handle saying finally he has his new IG name ‘DAVIDO’ after begging a Brazilian guy to free the name for him.
7. A Federal High Court in Abuja has granted the request of the Central Bank of Nigeria to freeze the accounts of 19 individuals and a public affairs company linked to the End SARS protests.
The request granted by Justice Ahmed Mohammed, was filed by the CBN on October 20.
8. Kaduna State High Court sitting in Zaria, on Friday, November 6 has dismissed an application to stop the coronation of the 19th Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Ahmad Nuhu Bamali on Monday, November 9.
9. The Lagos State Government has confirmed positive COVID-19 cases in a secondary boarding school on the mainland.
Akin Abayomi, Commissioner for Health, who made the announcement in a statement Friday night, said a student and four contacts of the staff member are positive to COVID-19
10. Former President, Goodluck Jonathan has disclosed how he brought “great peace” to Nigeria.
Jonathan disclosed that his philosophy of opting to leave power to gain honour, brought peace to Nigeria and himself.