Connect with us

Education

JAMB Lifts Suspension On Printing Admission Letters, Others

Published

on

JAMB Lifts Suspension On Printing Admission Letters, Others Pointloaded

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has lifted the suspension on the printing of admission letters, and inter-university transfers among others.

JAMB said with the development, “all requests for printing of admission letters, inter-university transfers, condonement of illegitimate admissions and other processes for previous years which had been hitherto suspended would now be restored from Monday, August 31 2020.”

The Head of Media and Public Relations in JAMB, Dr Fabian Benjamin, made the announcement in a statement in Abuja on Sunday.

He said, “To ensure that candidates who took the UTME prior to 2020, and who require certain corrections of their processes are accommodated, JAMB has lifted the suspension earlier placed on processes covering those years.

“However, it is to be noted that most of these operations are only available at JAMB offices nationwide. Furthermore, as the Board is desirous of sustaining compliance with COVID-19 protocols, it maintains that 2020 UTME candidates desirous of these services will only be attended to through the Appointment Booking Platform which they could access online through their phones to secure a definite date and time for an appointment.

“The Board urged all State offices to ensure that all clients comply with all existing COVID -19 protocols. To ensure that candidates who took the UTME prior to 2020, and who require certain corrections of their processes are accommodated, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has lifted the suspension earlier placed on processes covering those years.

“As you may be aware, the need to prevent overcrowding at its Computer-Based Test Centres and other partner facilities, in line with extant COVID -19 protocols issued by relevant agencies, led it to allow candidates to seek corrections and other processes only through the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination or Direct Entry platforms. This measure had the intended effect of limiting the number of persons visiting the centres.

“As the government continues to ease the lockdown leading to the resumption of students in exit classes, the number of 2020 UTME candidates needing one service or another at the various centres has drastically gone down, thus, the Board has decided to open up its platforms to accommodate more requests especially from previous years.

“Therefore, all requests for printing of admission letters, inter-university transfers, condonement of illegitimate admissions and other processes for previous years which had been hitherto suspended would now be restored from Monday August 31 2020.

“However, it is to be noted that most of these operations are only available at JAMB offices nationwide. Furthermore, as the Board is desirous of sustaining compliance with COVID-19 protocols, it maintains that 2020 UTME candidates desirous of these services will only be attended to through the Appointment Booking Platform which they could access online through their phones to secure a definite date and time for an appointment.”

JAMB also urged all state offices to ensure that all clients comply with all existing COVID-19 protocols.

Share this post

Rakib Idris is a scientist, blogger, entrepreneur, web designer, socioeconomic and political commentator. He loves writing quality contents for readers and presenting to them happenings around the world promptly as they occur. Thank you for visiting pointloaded.com , •••• For Advert Placement Call/WhatsApp: 09054011337 or send an E-mail to info@pointloaded.com

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Education

JAMB Halts 2021 UTME/Direct Entry Registration

Published

on

JAMB Halts 2021 UTME/Direct Entry Registration Pointloaded

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has put on hold the registration for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) which was billed to commence on Thursday, April 8, 2021.

A statement by the Head of Media and Protocol of JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin in Abuja says the delay follows the exam body’s effort to ensure that candidates have access to its registration app for the 2021 UTME/DE and also finalise work on its pin vending process before the take-off of the exercise.

The exam body advised prospective candidates to follow up on advertisements for the 2021 registration exercise to understand the steps involved and the actual date of the registration exercise.

The statement reads ‘’The Board’s registration exercise was to begin 8th April,2021. To be sure all processes are completed before the commencement, the Board didn’t placed its advertorial as it was yet to complete the  process  of a smooth pin vending and candidate access to the registration app for the 2021 UTME/DE.

The advertisement is the surest indication of the beginning of the exercise as it has all the step by step process that candidates are required to follow.

However, this delay is caused by some unforeseen circumstances occasioned by our determined effort to have a NIN integration. This challenge is being resolved and once that is done, all processes shall commence.

Candidates are therefore requested to exercise some patience.

The process shall be up and running shortly for our advertisement to be rollout so that candidates can begin the creation of profile’’.

Share this post
Continue Reading

Education

WAEC Announces Date To Conduct 2021 WASSCE

Published

on

WAEC Announces Date To Conduct 2021 WASSCE Pointloaded

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the date to conduct the 2021 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates.

This year’s WASSCE, which was earlier scheduled for May/June, will now take place from August 16 to September 30, the Head of Public Affairs of WAEC Office in Nigeria, Demianus Ojijeogu, revealed in a statement on Friday.

He added that the international timetable for the conduct of the examination would be released in due course.

Ojijeogu explained that the new dates announced by the examination body was in line with the current academic calendar and was done in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education.

He noted the controversy triggered by the address of the Head of National Office, Patrick Areghan, at a press briefing to announce the release of results of the 2021 first series of the WASSCE for private candidates on Tuesday.

The examination body’s spokesman decried that the national office head was wrongly quoted to have said that WACE had postponed the 2021 WASSCE.

Areghan, at the briefing, had said the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic were still very much felt in the education sector, and the academic calendar had been distorted.

According to him, these factors have made it not to be possible to have the examination in May/June as earlier scheduled.

Reacting to the controversy trailing the remarks of the national office head, Ojijeogu stated that Areghan was quoted out of context.

Announcing the results of the WASSCE for private candidates, WAEC said a total of 7,690 candidates entered for the examination, representing a 38 per cent decline when compared with the 2020 figure.

Of the figure, 2,195 candidates, representing 30.11 per cent obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.

“The number of candidates that had five credits, including English Language and Mathematics may not necessarily be a basis for judging the level of performance in the examination,” Areghan had said.

He explained that this was because the examination was more or less a remedial one, and some candidates may just need only one or two papers, other than English Language and /or Mathematics to remedy their admission deficiencies.

Share this post
Continue Reading

Education

WAEC Releases 2021 Results For Private Candidates

Published

on

WAEC Releases 2021 Results For Private Candidates Pointloaded

The West African Examination Council (WAEC) has announced the results of the 2021 first series of the WASSCE for private candidates.

The Council’s Head of National Office (HNO), Patrick Areghan, announced the release of the results on Tuesday in Lagos.

Giving a breakdown of the results, Mr Areghan said 7,690 candidates entered for the examination which was conducted between February 15 and March 11.

A total of 431 examiners participated in the coordination and marking exercise.

He said of the figure, 7,289 candidates actually sat for the examination at 252 centres across the country.

According to him, the drop in the figure is attributable to the negative impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.

He said out of the 7,289 candidates that sat for the examination, the results of 599 were withheld in connection with various reported cases of examination malpractice.

“The cases are being investigated and reports of the investigations will be presented to the appropriate committee of the council for determination in due course.

“This low number is as a result of the rigorous monitoring/inspection of centres by the Council’s staff throughout the duration of the examination,’’ Mr Areghan said.

According to him, 7,174 candidates had their results fully processed and released while 115 others had a few of their subjects still being processed due to some errors traceable to them.

He said efforts were being made to complete the processing to enable all the affected candidates to get their results fully processed and released subsequently.

Analysis

An analysis of statistics of performance of candidates showed that out of those that sat for the examination, a total of 3,938 obtained credit and above in a minimum of any five subjects with or without English Language and/or Mathematics.

A total of 2,195 others obtained credit and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and Mathematics.

Twenty-three candidates with varying degrees of special needs registered for the examination.

Out of this number, six are visually challenged, two with impaired hearing, five others are albinos, one spastic cum mentally challenged and nine physically challenged.

Mr Areghan said all the candidates with special needs were adequately provided for in the administration of the examination.

He added that their results had also been processed and released along with those of other candidates

He advised candidates who sat for the examination to check details of their performance on the council’s website – www.waecdirect.org.

The collection of certificates for the WASSCE for private candidates, he said, would be based on request online via the Electronic Certificate Management System platform (e-certman).

Mr Areghan said details of the simple procedures had already been made available to the public.

Share this post
Continue Reading