Connect with us

Education

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders Reopening Of Tertiary Institutions In The State On September 14

Published

on

Governor Sanwo-Olu Orders Reopening Of Tertiary Institutions In The State On September 14 Pointloaded

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, of Lagos state has ordered the reopening of tertiary institutions in the state effective Monday, September 14.

The governor disclosed this development during a regular briefing on the state’s COVID-19 status on Saturday, August 29.

During his address, the governor announced that primary and secondary schools are also tentatively scheduled to re-open from September 21.

He explained that the decision to re-open schools in the state was based on indications that the pandemic has peaked in the state as the number of new cases continues to steadily decline.

“This decision is not cast in stone and is subject to review of our ongoing modelling and what procedure comes out from the Ministry of Health,” he said.

He further reiterated that restaurants are now permitted to open for in-dining services in the state, although they must continue to ensure spaces are only filled up to 50 percent capacity at all times.

The governor said a review will be done in September to decide whether to allow a re-opening of event centers, bars, night clubs, beaches, cinemas, and other public spaces.

Share this post

Rakib Idris is a scientist, blogger, entrepreneur, web designer, socioeconomic and political commentator. He loves writing quality contents for readers and presenting to them happenings around the world promptly as they occur. Thank you for visiting pointloaded.com , •••• For Advert Placement Call/WhatsApp: 09054011337 or send an E-mail to info@pointloaded.com

Education

JAMB Resolves Technical Glitches, Resumes Registration For 2021 UTME And DE

Published

on

JAMB Resolves Technical Glitches, Resumes Registration For 2021 UTME And DE Pointloaded

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) says it has resolved the technical glitches which informed its postponement of registration earlier in the month.

Pointloaded recalls that the exam body on Thursday, last week, announced the suspension of the registration to integrate the use of the National Identification Number, NIN in its registration process.

However, Head, Media and Protocol of JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin says the processes have been perfected and that students can now access its site and register.

‘’We have commenced full registration of candidates for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) into tertiary education institutions in the country.’’

“It was only put on hold to resolve the technical glitches. Registration is now in full swing,” the JAMB spokesman said, adding that some candidates have successfully registered for the examinations.

Share this post
Continue Reading

Education

JAMB Halts 2021 UTME/Direct Entry Registration

Published

on

JAMB Halts 2021 UTME/Direct Entry Registration Pointloaded

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has put on hold the registration for the 2021 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE) which was billed to commence on Thursday, April 8, 2021.

A statement by the Head of Media and Protocol of JAMB, Dr. Fabian Benjamin in Abuja says the delay follows the exam body’s effort to ensure that candidates have access to its registration app for the 2021 UTME/DE and also finalise work on its pin vending process before the take-off of the exercise.

The exam body advised prospective candidates to follow up on advertisements for the 2021 registration exercise to understand the steps involved and the actual date of the registration exercise.

The statement reads ‘’The Board’s registration exercise was to begin 8th April,2021. To be sure all processes are completed before the commencement, the Board didn’t placed its advertorial as it was yet to complete the  process  of a smooth pin vending and candidate access to the registration app for the 2021 UTME/DE.

The advertisement is the surest indication of the beginning of the exercise as it has all the step by step process that candidates are required to follow.

However, this delay is caused by some unforeseen circumstances occasioned by our determined effort to have a NIN integration. This challenge is being resolved and once that is done, all processes shall commence.

Candidates are therefore requested to exercise some patience.

The process shall be up and running shortly for our advertisement to be rollout so that candidates can begin the creation of profile’’.

Share this post
Continue Reading

Education

WAEC Announces Date To Conduct 2021 WASSCE

Published

on

WAEC Announces Date To Conduct 2021 WASSCE Pointloaded

The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the date to conduct the 2021 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for school candidates.

This year’s WASSCE, which was earlier scheduled for May/June, will now take place from August 16 to September 30, the Head of Public Affairs of WAEC Office in Nigeria, Demianus Ojijeogu, revealed in a statement on Friday.

He added that the international timetable for the conduct of the examination would be released in due course.

Ojijeogu explained that the new dates announced by the examination body was in line with the current academic calendar and was done in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education.

He noted the controversy triggered by the address of the Head of National Office, Patrick Areghan, at a press briefing to announce the release of results of the 2021 first series of the WASSCE for private candidates on Tuesday.

The examination body’s spokesman decried that the national office head was wrongly quoted to have said that WACE had postponed the 2021 WASSCE.

Areghan, at the briefing, had said the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic were still very much felt in the education sector, and the academic calendar had been distorted.

According to him, these factors have made it not to be possible to have the examination in May/June as earlier scheduled.

Reacting to the controversy trailing the remarks of the national office head, Ojijeogu stated that Areghan was quoted out of context.

Announcing the results of the WASSCE for private candidates, WAEC said a total of 7,690 candidates entered for the examination, representing a 38 per cent decline when compared with the 2020 figure.

Of the figure, 2,195 candidates, representing 30.11 per cent obtained credits and above in a minimum of five subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.

“The number of candidates that had five credits, including English Language and Mathematics may not necessarily be a basis for judging the level of performance in the examination,” Areghan had said.

He explained that this was because the examination was more or less a remedial one, and some candidates may just need only one or two papers, other than English Language and /or Mathematics to remedy their admission deficiencies.

Share this post
Continue Reading